Tuesday, March 11

Accountability: Part Three

Recap: My goal was 9859 in 7 days, which comes to 1266 a day. 

If you don't know what's going on, or if you want a reminder of what I've done so far, here are the links to my first  and second posts.


So after assigning the above goal last week, I felt a bit like I'd lost my mind. How the hell was I going to write nearly 10, 000 words in one week? It was impossible! There was no way I was going to finish!


And then I smartened up and got to work.


So without further adieu, here are my numbers for last week...

Last Week's Numbers

From March 4th to March 10th (7 days) I wrote: 10, 609 words
Average Daily Word Count: 1516 words


Thoughts:

I did it! I did it! I did it! Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! 


Not only did I meet my goal, but I surpassed it! I'm so proud of myself right now. After going months without writing anything worthwhile, I am finally making progress on this story again. I can't even explain how good this feels. At this point I don't even care if I meet my April 1st goal--I'm just happy I'm writing again.

Story Details:

I had to stay up late a few nights to meet my goal, but I did it. I finished two chapters this week, and got a good start on several others (I jumped around a lot depending on my mood).  I was hoping to have another chapter or two done before this post, but I got a bit fickle near the end of the week. I didn't want to stick with one scene, so I let my Muse go where she wanted.

My Alpha also had a chance to read three chapters for me, which was very handy. I'm constantly worried about pacing, but she assured me there wasn't a problem. We will have to wait and see once I'm finished this draft. For now, I am inclined to take her word on it.

This Week's Goals


Daily Goal: 1373 words
Weekly Goal:  9609 words
Days Remaining:  21

Unfortunately, this week will be busy again. We have a few family obligations we're hoping to fulfill and my hubby has several Scout meetings.  On the plus side, I normally go to Starbucks during his meetings, so hopefully I'll get a lot of work done there. Either way, I need to learn to write around a busy schedule. If we're this active now I can't imagine how insane it'll be once we have children.

So how has your week been? Meet any goals?

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Natalie - that's some awesome wordage. Now you're on a roll, keep with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuu! I am very excited with where my story is going--and how quickly! =)

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! I knew you could do it. Go you! And I have no doubt you'll figure out how to write when you're super busy. =o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, I need to do it. You were with me during my university years, so you know I can buckle down and get to work when I need to! =)

      Delete
  3. AWESOME!!! I'm so proud and impressed by how hard you worked to get *all those words* down in just one week. You rock! Keep it up. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hun!!!!! I refuse to give up! We are going to finish our books even if it kills us! ;)

      Delete
    2. Hells yeah!!!

      Love the Kermit GIF, btw. =)

      Delete
  4. Wow, gurl! That's some cuh-razy numbers! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...